*October* Next Meeting: 2nd Tuesday Oct 13 - Perl 6 is almost here
<http://boston-pm.wikispaces.com/Calendar>
​Autumn Theme: Perl 6 for Xmas
Tuesday October 13, 2015 7:30-9:30pm @ MIT E51-376 "Perl 6 - A Dynamic
Language for Mere Mortals" *Author* - *Ovid* (Curtis Poe).
*Abstract* This month Boston.pm presents a recorded talk by Ovid (Curtis
Poe, noted Perl author/blogger/consultant) with live code examples prepared
and demonstrated by Bill Ricker. Ovid describes his talk as, "Perl 6
<http://perl6.org/> is a great language, but sometimes the enthusiasts talk
about the crazy, scary things you can do with it. In this talk, I discuss
how easy it is to really use."

We'll have working examples in live Perl6 (Rakudo Perl 6
<http://rakudo.org/how-to-get-rakudo/>), both copied from the main
presentation to play with immediately on our screen, for kibitzing and
tinkering, plus some other examples to try.

Program notes:

   - Fall Theme: We're planning to have several Perl 6 <http://perl6.org/>
   talks this Fall/Winter, building up to the Perl 6 formal release at
   Christmas, including:
      - P6 Regex & Grammars
      - P6 Concurrency and Asynchrony
      - If you have any Perl 6 code to share, maybe as a mini talk before
      main talk, or as an intermission, if it fits with a scheduled p6 talk!
   - Anyone with things to talk about at future meetings contact Bill
   and/or Tom. We can fit short Perl 5 topics in too !

​*Boilerplate details*

   - Tech Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at MIT
   building E51, Sloan School Tang Center [not the other Tang building!]
   nearer to Kendall Sq than Mass Ave. (directions
   <http://boston-pm.wikispaces.com/MIT+Directions>).
   - Talk begins at 7:30.
   - Refreshments in the hallway prior.
   - RSVP for count encouraged but not required, to bill.n1...@gmail.com or
   Boston-PM list <http://boston-pm.wikispaces.com/Mailing+Lists>, by 4pm
   Tuesday.
   -

(*NOTE: we're Staying in the wider room 376 second door, not the squarish
372 first door that we had some terms.)*

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com