RSVPs are nil to none, just Tom, Ricky (speaker), and me so far.

Looks like everyone else has something important to do on 2/14.
We get better turnout on MLB SportsBall World Series ...
Go figure.
(My wife believes in Movable Feasts for all holidays, so I'm flexible.)

We may have Perl6 version of Packrat added for March ...

// Bill

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming the snow lets up and we dig out ...
> Tues, Feb 14th, 2017, 7ish Room E51-376 Ricky Morse, Digital pack-ratting
> for Tumblr (and XKCD): a legally hypothetical discussion of how to
> time-shift Tumblr data I’m a bit of a digital packrat, so I will be
> showing a tool that I developed to help me hoard Tumblr meme posts. As a
> bonus, just for this talk I wrote something in Perl 6 that does a similar
> task for XKCD.
>
> ​(So if you're looking for ways to capture unstructured (no API) data from
> the web with Perl, this talk is for you.) ​
>
> Ricky Morse has been using Perl for various things since the late 90s.
>
> (Note that Feb 14th is Valentines Day ... and also the latest 2nd Tuesday
> falls, so both this month and next the BLU.org 3rd Wednesday Linux/Unix
> meeting will fall the day after Boston.PM, twice since not a leap year.)
>
> ​Boilerplate details
>
>     Tech Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at MIT
> building E51, Sloan School Tang Center [not the other Tang building!]
> nearer to Kendall Sq than Mass Ave.
>     (directions http://boston-pm.wikispaces.com/MIT+Directions  usually
> plenty of free parking with good highway access but T is better in snow ...
> ).
>     Talk begins at 7:30.
>     Refreshments in the hallway prior.
>     RSVP for count encouraged but not required, to bill.n1...@gmail.com
> or Boston-PM list, by 4pm Tuesday.
>

> (NOTE: we're Staying in the wider room 376 second door, not the squarish
> 372 first door that we had some terms.)
> ​
>
> ​IN CASE OF WEATHER CANCELLATION ... WATCH the boston-pm-announce list and
> twitter @BostonPM ​

​^ or in case of Valentines' outbreak​ ....

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com