Martin Cracauer <craca...@cons.org> writes:

> Also, lack of exception handling was a more annoying thing that drove
> away people from Perl, from my observation.

You (they?) don't count eval { die } as exception handling?  Or was this
an earlier version they left?

People come and go I suppose.  I don't get much chance to use Perl
officially at work lately, but I'm feeling the urge to use it again for
hidden jobs, where I might have tried emacs lisp or scheme last year, or
even ruby this year, had the course my friend wanted me to take with her
not been cancelled (but it was so ruby's out for me for now).

--
Mike Small
sma...@panix.com