A quick followup on the purpose of the announcements list...

The announcements list is for Mongers who only want to receive
announcements, without all the random discussion of the main list.  I've
decided to send announcements to both lists, so that people can discuss
announcements simply by responding to them on the main list.

Due to a miscommunication, when the new lists were created everyone was
subscribed to both lists.  If you want to be on the main list, you can go
ahead and unsubscribe from the announcements list.  I apologize for the
inconvenience.

You can manage your subscription information and view list archives at
these URLs:

To unsubscribe, use the form at the very bottom of the page.  Feel free to
email me if you have any questions.

Ronald