>Surely the perl community can help him come up with a good marketing term
>that puts perl6 on the map

regulexpressions?

In a similar vein, a new mascot for perl isn't very easy to come up with.
Nevertheless, an anime butterfly doesn't do it for me, even if the wings
do include the characters "P" and "6."

Other than the camel, goats or mules probably come closest to representing
Perl's versatility I think. Or maybe a mina bird, for it's mimicry abilities;
everything's a dialect of Perl 6; and general cleverness.
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org