To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------

My suggestion doesn't break those PERL tools as long as you change the
UA with a
single simple line of PERL such as:

$ua->agent("MyWebTools");

Then you can use everything you have.

My whole point was that the script kiddies appear to lazy to do this and it's
something people can take advantage of at the moment.

As far as web hosting companies blocking things, many have been filtering
certain things for years, nothing new. The work around for real software which
is one line of code (above) which should already be there in the first place.

Sloppy and lazy programming is never an excuse for allowing a default
user agent
from a toolkit access to your server. If the programmer isn't bright enough to
change it then whatever he/she wrote probably shouldn't be hitting the web in
the first place, not my server anyway.

FWIW, I'm jaded and bitter too which is why I use a sledgehammer approach to
fixing internet problems these days.

--
Bill Atchison
http://www.crawlwall.com