To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------
I see two possibilities:

My first guess would be a DDOS type attack - if an attacker could find
a number of DNS servers that would actually request a transfer in
response to a NOTIFY for an arbitrary domain, and at least one
nameserver for that domain allows zone transfers, then he could have
an enormous bandwidth amplifier - send out a hundred NOTIFY's per
second, and your target gets stuck transferring the entire zone a
hundred times a second.

The second possibility I can imagine would be a DNS cache poisoning
attack - if you can trick your victim's nameserver into launching a NS
query, and spoof the response, then you can become the nameserver for
that domain for a time.

Checking a few of those domains at random, I got NXDOMAIN responses -
which suggests the DDOS angle doesn't make much sense.

Regards
Mark