To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------
Based on some of the followup messages I've seen on the list, I'm concerned
that my question regarding certain Message-ID's appearing to have a constant
substring in them has led others to posit that this is an indicator of the
Storm Worm.  I was asking for information about *known* Storm Worm generated
emails others had seen with this pattern, not whether this pattern indicates
the Storm Worm.

After processing several thousand valid Message-ID's through a modified
Boyer-Moore substring matcher, that exact substring appears in some valid
messages as well.  So I hope that anyone who is or is considering dropping
email based on this pattern should reconsider that approach.

Incidentally, there is some nice code here for string matching that others
might find useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_Boyer-Moore_algorithm
--
Jon

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable.
                -- John F. Kennedy