Hi,

setting the prompt to the current working directory should already be
possible in bpython (or even plain Python) with a custom displayhook (see
https://docs.python.org/3/library/sys.html#sys.displayhook). The
displayhook can be set for example in a PYTHONSTARTUP script (see
https://docs.python.org/3/using/cmdline.html#envvar-PYTHONSTARTUP).

I outlined the idea in a gist:
https://gist.github.com/Trundle/683a399e496f28be89d1af914c349382

Cheers!