This is Joseph. I'm a student myself. From Main Menu, go to Wordprocessor, and choose Setup options. The only item that's undr it is "file type for new documents?" For BT keybards (which I have), the default is braille document. for QT users, the default format is text document. This is the reason why KeySoft popped up the message, "review the options?" or "Review previous options?": When a user wishes to create a file with the following file types: Microsoft Word format (*.doc) Plain text file (*.txt) Plain braille file (*.brf) Rich Text format file (*.rtf) If the user wishes to open the file with the file types mentioned above I hope this information may help you. If you have any questions, you're welcomed to post your message and one of us might be able to answer your questions.
--- Don Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi Margaret, > > Try opening keyword and go to setup options. The > default file type for new documents may be set to > braille. I have mine set to text, but you can > scroll > through the available options and pick the format > appropriate to your needs. > > I hope this solves your problem. I have a qt > keyboard so not sure of the exact keystrokes once > into the setup menu on the bt, but I'm sure you can > locate > those in help. > > Don > > > On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:47:19 -0600, Margaret Bateman > wrote: > > I saw a student today whose BrailleNote BT would ask > him to review options > everytime he tried to create a new document. He's > running Keysoft 6.11. If > we do the backspace with x to choose a Keysoft > braille file, it opens a > braille file, but he gets impatient and skips this > step and also skips the > review options question and ends up with a computer > braille file. Both > braille and keyboard options are set to use grade 2 > braille and it always > created braille documents as the default. Is there > something that I need to > reinstall to remedy this? Thanks for any ideas. > margaret > > Margaret Bateman > Technology Consultant > Iowa Braille School > 319-472-5221 ext 1319 > > > ___ > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message > to > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > To view the list archives or change your > preferences, visit > http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote > > > > > __________ NOD32 1.1389 (20060131) Information > __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com > > > > > > > ___ > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message > to > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > To view the list archives or change your > preferences, visit > http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ___ To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
