I just want to add my support for this feature. Even if the
"name" only came up with drive info, knowing what is what
(especially when you have multiple similar drives) would be
great. While we are at it, can getting hard disk space info be
faster? It takes maybe 30 seconds (probably less) to get info on
a 4gb CF card, but between five and ten minutes to get info on a
6gb USB hard drive.
Have a great day,
Alex
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Horspool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[email protected]
Date sent: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:17:10 -0000
Subject: [Braillenote] Drives
Hi,
I just installed the USB driver - great work! Previously, it
took about 20-25 seconds for the MPower to detect my 2 GB pen
drive,
now it only takes about a second!
I also have a feature request: is it possible for the BrailleNote
to read the volume label of a removable medium and put it next to
the type? For example, "Hard Disk - MHORSPOOL"? This would make
my life easier when I have a drive plugged into each of the USB
ports - I currently get two "Hard Disk" entries and I'm never
sure which one is for which drive. Where the label is nul, just
display the medium type (for example, "Hard Disk").
Can we also have the ability to select "Hard Disk" by pressing
"H" at the "Drive?" prompt, instead of having to press "Space"
for
the "Drive List", "H" for "Hard Disk", and then "Enter" to select
it?
Thanks,
Matthew
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote