Hi, Paul.  I actually think, as someone else mentioned recently,
that we actually need a spring that can release and secure the card.  I have
a very hard time removing the CF carde from the PK.  As far as your battery,
I am afraid the best thing to do is contact humanware and get a RMA.  If the
light is on on the charger, then I suspect that your battery is dead and
needs to be replaced.  I am hoping that Blake's suggestion works but when
did you send the unit in for repairs?  I am just curious since this is an
issue that is worth noting if you decide to contact humanware directly.
Thanks.Becky 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Braillenote Digest, Vol 1983, Issue 1

Send Braillenote mailing list submissions to
        [email protected]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email protected]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email protected]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Braillenote digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. re: Music? (Alex Hall)
   2. Re: Music? (Sharon S)
   3. Re: Music? (Alex Hall)
   4. Re: Newspapers in the uk. (Nicola Sanders (Telenet))
   5. a suggestion and a problem (Paul Tandy)
   6. RE: a suggestion and a problem (Riley Blake )
   7. RE: a suggestion and a problem (Paul Tandy)
   8. braille display on computer (Rebecca Skipper)
   9. reading HTML e-mails (Frank M. Hernandez)
  10. RE: a suggestion and a problem (Riley Blake )
  11. Re:serial to USB adapter (Rebecca Skipper)
  12. re: reading HTML e-mails (Rhonda Stogner)
  13. Old e mail (Kim Samco)
  14. Old Email (Rhonda Stogner)
  15. Downloading Music on the BrailleNote
      (Jose Lomeli on BrailleNote mPOWER)
  16. RE: a suggestion and a problem (Mr. B. D. Rurry)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 23:54:04 -0400
From: Alex Hall <[email protected]>
Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?
To: Kim Samco <[email protected]>, [email protected],
        [email protected]
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Okay, the qt will have some different commands, and I am not sure I know
them all.  Try these, though: instead of space-m to mark files, try
alt-space (or whatever the key is immediately next to the spacebar) and
read-i at the main menu to get the information list.  I cannot remember what
the internet options menu is, but go to a webpage and hit f1 (or the "help"
command if it is not f1).  Hit it again, then move through the list until
you hear something like "for the Internet Options Menu, press xx", where xx
is the key combo.  After that, the instructions hold true.  
Sorry for the confusion!

Have a great day,
Alex

> ----- Original Message -----
>From: Kim Samco <[email protected]
>To: Alex Hall <[email protected]>, [email protected],
[email protected]
>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:22:04 -0700
>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>Thanks.

>I'm using version 7.5 billed 31 and it's a qwerty keyboard.

>Reguarding my computer skills, I suppose they are average.  I'm not 
>afraid to try new things which may or may not be good.  I have to admit 
>that I don't always understand computer termonology even though I 
>understand the concet.  The suggestions you sent me seem straight 
>forward.

>Thanks again,

>Kim

>> ----- Original Message -----
>>From: Alex Hall <[email protected]
>>To: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]>,
>[email protected]
>>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:01:27 -0400
>>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>>Welcome to the list!! In order to best help you, could you please 
>>include the following information in any questions you ask:
>>keysoft version (press space-i from the Main Menu and space through 
>>the list of information), keyboard type (braille, or bt, or qwerty, or 
>>qt), and (just for the first time se we know) how proficient you are 
>>with computers? For example, I have a bn mpower bn 32 with ks7.5.31.  
>>This means that I have a braille keyboard, the machine is an mpower, 
>>my braille display (do not worry about this for yours) is 32 cells, 
>>and I am running keysoft 7.5, build 31.

>>Anyway, making a playlist is easy with ks7.5 or later.  Go to a folder 
>>in the media player and move through the files.  Each time you find 
>>one you want, press space-more.  Once you have marked all the files, 
>>hit enter.  Otherwise, the process is more involved, requiring you to 
>>create an ascii text file, rename it with a .m3u extension, then write 
>>the path to each file on a separate line.  A file may look like this:
>>\pc card\music\track01.mp3
>>\flash disk\music\track08.wma

>>As to streaming, just try the site.  Also, ensure that streaming audio 
>>links is on; from any webpage, press enter-o, i, then f.
>>Space once and hit y, then enter, then exit the menus.  HTH (hope this 
>>helps)!

>>Have a great day,
>>Alex

>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]
>>>To: <[email protected]
>>>Date sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:46:15 -0700
>>>Subject: [Braillenote] Music?

>>>Hi there,

>>>I'm new to this list.  My name is Kim Samco and I live in Central
>>Oregon.

>>>I recently got a new VoiceNote M Power and so far I'm having a
>>lot of fun
>>>with it.  For some reason the manual regarding streaming music
>>and making
>>>play lists isn't clear to me.  Can someone please give me a brief 
>>>explanation of how to go about streaming and determining which
>>sites are
>>>compatible with the VN?  When I've gone to the NPR site it asks
>>me where I
>>>want to put the download.  Why is it asking me this?  Also, an
>>easy
>>>explanation of making play lists would be greatly appreciated.

>>>Thanks in advance,

>>>Kim



>>>___
>>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the 
>>>list as well.

>>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to 
>>>[email protected]
>>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit 
>>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote




------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:31:55 +1000
From: "Sharon S" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Music?
To: "Alex Hall" <[email protected]>, "Kim Samco"
        <[email protected]>,     <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <c8d5f0ab7e3c4a3baa59ec64ec967...@sharonnotebook>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"

To mark a file with the QT it is space with control which is the key on the
further most left on the bottom row.

For the internet options menu it is control with the number 2.

There is a help button on the QT which is the button next to the control
button.

Hope this helps,
>From Shaz.
BN QT MPower and PK user

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Hall" <[email protected]>
To: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:54 PM
Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?


Okay, the qt will have some different commands, and I am not sure I know
them all.  Try these, though: instead of space-m to mark files, try
alt-space (or whatever the key is immediately next to the spacebar) and
read-i at the main menu to get the information list.  I cannot remember what
the internet options menu is, but go to a webpage and hit f1 (or the "help"
command if it is not f1).  Hit it again, then move through the list until
you hear something like "for the Internet Options Menu, press xx", where xx
is the key combo.  After that, the instructions hold true.
Sorry for the confusion!

Have a great day,
Alex

> ----- Original Message -----
>From: Kim Samco <[email protected]
>To: Alex Hall <[email protected]>, [email protected],
[email protected]
>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:22:04 -0700
>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>Thanks.

>I'm using version 7.5 billed 31 and it's a qwerty keyboard.

>Reguarding my computer skills, I suppose they are average.  I'm not 
>afraid to try new things which may or may not be good.  I have to admit 
>that I don't always understand computer termonology even though I 
>understand the concet.  The suggestions you sent me seem straight 
>forward.

>Thanks again,

>Kim

>> ----- Original Message -----
>>From: Alex Hall <[email protected]
>>To: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]>,
>[email protected]
>>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:01:27 -0400
>>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>>Welcome to the list!! In order to best help you, could you please 
>>include the following information in any questions you ask:
>>keysoft version (press space-i from the Main Menu and space through 
>>the list of information), keyboard type (braille, or bt, or qwerty, or 
>>qt), and (just for the first time se we know) how proficient you are 
>>with computers? For example, I have a bn mpower bn 32 with ks7.5.31.  
>>This means that I have a braille keyboard, the machine is an mpower, 
>>my braille display (do not worry about this for yours) is 32 cells, 
>>and I am running keysoft 7.5, build 31.

>>Anyway, making a playlist is easy with ks7.5 or later.  Go to a folder 
>>in the media player and move through the files.  Each time you find 
>>one you want, press space-more.  Once you have marked all the files, 
>>hit enter.  Otherwise, the process is more involved, requiring you to 
>>create an ascii text file, rename it with a .m3u extension, then write 
>>the path to each file on a separate line.  A file may look like this:
>>\pc card\music\track01.mp3
>>\flash disk\music\track08.wma

>>As to streaming, just try the site.  Also, ensure that streaming audio 
>>links is on; from any webpage, press enter-o, i, then f.
>>Space once and hit y, then enter, then exit the menus.  HTH (hope this 
>>helps)!

>>Have a great day,
>>Alex

>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]
>>>To: <[email protected]
>>>Date sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:46:15 -0700
>>>Subject: [Braillenote] Music?

>>>Hi there,

>>>I'm new to this list.  My name is Kim Samco and I live in Central
>>Oregon.

>>>I recently got a new VoiceNote M Power and so far I'm having a
>>lot of fun
>>>with it.  For some reason the manual regarding streaming music
>>and making
>>>play lists isn't clear to me.  Can someone please give me a brief 
>>>explanation of how to go about streaming and determining which
>>sites are
>>>compatible with the VN?  When I've gone to the NPR site it asks
>>me where I
>>>want to put the download.  Why is it asking me this?  Also, an
>>easy
>>>explanation of making play lists would be greatly appreciated.

>>>Thanks in advance,

>>>Kim



>>>___
>>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the 
>>>list as well.

>>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to 
>>>[email protected]
>>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit 
>>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the list as
well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.49/2149 - Release Date: 06/01/09
17:55:00




------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 01:11:54 -0400
From: Alex Hall <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Music?
To: "Sharon S" <[email protected]>, [email protected],
        [email protected], [email protected]
Message-ID:
        <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Thanks! I have a bt and so am not good at the qt commands.

Have a great day,
Alex

> ----- Original Message -----
>From: "Sharon S" <[email protected]
>To: "Alex Hall" <[email protected]>,"Kim Samco" 
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]
>Date sent: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:31:55 +1000
>Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Music?

>To mark a file with the QT it is space with control which is the 
key on the
>further most left on the bottom row.

>For the internet options menu it is control with the number 2.

>There is a help button on the QT which is the button next to the 
control
>button.

>Hope this helps,
>From Shaz.
>BN QT MPower and PK user

>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Alex Hall" <[email protected]
>To: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;
><[email protected]
>Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:54 PM
>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?


>Okay, the qt will have some different commands, and I am not sure
>I know them all.  Try these, though: instead of space-m to mark
>files, try alt-space (or whatever the key is immediately next to
>the spacebar) and read-i at the main menu to get the information
>list.  I cannot remember what the internet options menu is, but
>go to a webpage and hit f1 (or the "help" command if it is not
>f1).  Hit it again, then move through the list until you hear
>something like "for the Internet Options Menu, press xx", where
>xx is the key combo.  After that, the instructions hold true.
>Sorry for the confusion!

>Have a great day,
>Alex

>> ----- Original Message -----
>>From: Kim Samco <[email protected]
>>To: Alex Hall <[email protected]>, [email protected],
>[email protected]
>>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:22:04 -0700
>>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>>Thanks.

>>I'm using version 7.5 billed 31 and it's a qwerty keyboard.

>>Reguarding my computer skills, I suppose they are average.  I'm
>>not afraid to try new things which may or may not be good.  I
>>have to admit that I don't always understand computer termonology
>>even though I understand the concet.  The suggestions you sent me
>>seem straight forward.

>>Thanks again,

>>Kim

>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>From: Alex Hall <[email protected]
>>>To: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]>,
>>[email protected]
>>>Date sent: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:01:27 -0400
>>>Subject: re: [Braillenote] Music?

>>>Welcome to the list!! In order to best help you, could you please
>>>include the following information in any questions you ask:
>>>keysoft version (press space-i from the Main Menu and space
>>>through the list of information), keyboard type (braille, or bt,
>>>or qwerty, or qt), and (just for the first time se we know) how
>>>proficient you are with computers? For example, I have a bn
>>>mpower bn 32 with ks7.5.31.  This means that I have a braille
>>>keyboard, the machine is an mpower, my braille display (do not
>>>worry about this for yours) is 32 cells, and I am running keysoft
>>>7.5, build 31.

>>>Anyway, making a playlist is easy with ks7.5 or later.  Go to a
>>>folder in the media player and move through the files.  Each time
>>>you find one you want, press space-more.  Once you have marked
>>>all the files, hit enter.  Otherwise, the process is more
>>>involved, requiring you to create an ascii text file, rename it
>>>with a .m3u extension, then write the path to each file on a
>>>separate line.  A file may look like this:
>>>\pc card\music\track01.mp3
>>>\flash disk\music\track08.wma

>>>As to streaming, just try the site.  Also, ensure that streaming
>>>audio links is on; from any webpage, press enter-o, i, then f.
>>>Space once and hit y, then enter, then exit the menus.  HTH (hope
>>>this helps)!

>>>Have a great day,
>>>Alex

>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>From: "Kim Samco" <[email protected]
>>>>To: <[email protected]
>>>>Date sent: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:46:15 -0700
>>>>Subject: [Braillenote] Music?

>>>>Hi there,

>>>>I'm new to this list.  My name is Kim Samco and I live in Central
>>>Oregon.

>>>>I recently got a new VoiceNote M Power and so far I'm having a
>>>lot of fun
>>>>with it.  For some reason the manual regarding streaming music
>>>and making
>>>>play lists isn't clear to me.  Can someone please give me a brief
>>>>explanation of how to go about streaming and determining which
>>>sites are
>>>>compatible with the VN?  When I've gone to the NPR site it asks
>>>me where I
>>>>want to put the download.  Why is it asking me this?  Also, an
>>>easy
>>>>explanation of making play lists would be greatly appreciated.

>>>>Thanks in advance,

>>>>Kim



>>>>___
>>>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>>>>copy to the list as well.

>>>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>>>>[email protected]
>>>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


>___
>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>copy to the list as well.

>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>[email protected]
>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



>-----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------



>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.49/2149 - Release Date: 
06/01/09
>17:55:00




------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:29:41 +0200
From: "Nicola Sanders \(Telenet\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Newspapers in the uk.
To: "alice dampman" <[email protected]>,      "richard synnott"
        <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]>
Message-ID: <95655111628a4e91ac2acba4eb59c...@lenovo88b909e7>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi alice,

I agree, I'd love to be able to access US publications, but as a mere
foreigner, what can I expect? (smiles)

The TNAUK home page is at
http://www.tnauk.org.uk
.  They provide magazines and newspapers in various formats, including
cassette, CD, Daisy etc.  Their online services include e-text and audio
versions of many different publications.  The audio versions are in MP3, and
you can also subscribe to a podcast for each audio publication.

For more information on the digital services, try this link:

http://www.tnauk.org.uk/Pages/digital_service.html

To subscribe and pay with a credit card, you need to call the following
number:
+441435 866102.  I've always found them to be very friendly and helpful.
For subscription prices, click on the "Subscribe" link from the Digital
Services page (see above).  The annual subscription covers an unlimited
number of publications, and you can have individual e-text publications sent
by email if you wish for no extra charge.

Good luck and I hope this makes sense,

Nicky

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "alice dampman" <[email protected]>
To: "Nicola Sanders (Telenet)" <[email protected]>; "richard
synnott" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Newspapers in the uk.


> Hi, Nicky and Richard,
>    Ah, is the US paying attention? Maybe the powers that be here will also

> become more globally minded?
>    Can you give information how to subscribe to the TNAUK ? What 
> publications are available?
>    I'd love to be able to read some British publications!
> Thanks!
> Alice
> [email protected]
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Nicola Sanders (Telenet)" <[email protected]>
> To: "richard synnott" <[email protected]>; 
> <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:12 PM
> Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Newspapers in the uk.
> 
> 
> I agree, and just to add to Richard's post, you can also subscribe to
TNAUK 
> if you  are visually impaired and live outside the UK, but just happen to
be 
> interested in British newspapers.
> 
> Best,
> 
> Nicky
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "richard synnott" <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 11:57 PM
> Subject: [Braillenote] Newspapers in the uk.
> 
> 
>>I know this will not be of direct rellevance to a lot of you bn
>> people out there who don't live in the uk, but I feel I have to
>> mention how lucky we are in the uk with regard to accessing
>> newspapers, and other publications, curtosy of tnauk.
>>
>> It's a great service, and I love it.  If there's anyone living in
>> the uk who is interested in reading newspapers, local and
>> national, I strongly recommend that you jonein tnauk.  It works
>> really well with the bn, and my buss jerneys seem so much shorter
>> now.
>> Regards, Richard.
>>
>> ___
>> Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>> If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>> copy to the list as well.
>>
>> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>> [email protected]
>> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>> http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> ___
> Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
> If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
> copy to the list as well.
> 
> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
> [email protected]
> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
> http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
> 
> 
> 
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
> 
> 
> 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.49/2149 - Release Date: 06/01/09

> 17:55:00
> 
> 
>




------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:59:58 -0800
From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Hello all,

I am having a problem with the ac adapter on my Braillenote.

Well, last night, I was going to charge my unit, but the 
Braillenote kept going back ed forth between ac adapter on and ac 
adapter off.

So I waited until today to charge it up.  Maybe it was just one 
of those days when the Braillenote was wack.

So today, I tried to charge my unit again, and now it doesn't 
even charge.  The ac adapter light is on.

I would really hate to send this Braillenote in to Humanware 
because it has already been sent in, and I would hate it to be 
sent in again.

My suggestion is for Humanware to put a way to lock a sd card in 
place.  I'm suggesting this because the sd card just fell out of 
the slot and I can't find it.  I had about one gig of stuff on 
there.

What do you all think about my suggestion?

Thanks for your help in advanced:

 Paul

email: [email protected] or [email protected]

skype:

brlcents 



------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:14:05 +0000
From: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem
To: "[email protected] " <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"

Hi paul.  My thought is, you're ACCORDING adapter may have a short in it
some where.  You may have to get another one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]>
Sent: June 02, 2009 12:59
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

Hello all,

 I am having a problem with the ac adapter on my Braillenote.

 Well, last night, I was going to charge my unit, but the
 Braillenote kept going back ed forth between ac adapter on and ac
 adapter off.

 So I waited until today to charge it up.  Maybe it was just one
 of those days when the Braillenote was wack.

 So today, I tried to charge my unit again, and now it doesn't
 even charge.  The ac adapter light is on.

 I would really hate to send this Braillenote in to Humanware
 because it has already been sent in, and I would hate it to be
 sent in again.

 My suggestion is for Humanware to put a way to lock a sd card in
 place.  I'm suggesting this because the sd card just fell out of
 the slot and I can't find it.  I had about one gig of stuff on
 there.

 What do you all think about my suggestion?

 Thanks for your help in advanced:

  Paul

 email: [email protected] or [email protected]

 skype:

 brlcents

 ___
 Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
 If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
 copy to the list as well.

 To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
 [email protected]
 To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote





------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:24:50 -0800
From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem
To: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]>,
        [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

hello,

Well, maybe, I might have to do that, but I'de rather not.

I've already sent this Braillenote in once.

Paul

email: [email protected] or [email protected]

skype:

brlcents 

> ----- Original Message -----
>From: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]
>To: "[email protected] " 
<[email protected]
>Date sent: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:14:05 +0000
>Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

>Hi paul.  My thought is, you're ACCORDING adapter may have a 
short in it some where.  You may have to get another one.

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]
>Sent: June 02, 2009 12:59
>To: [email protected]; [email protected]
>Subject: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

>Hello all,

> I am having a problem with the ac adapter on my Braillenote.

> Well, last night, I was going to charge my unit, but the
> Braillenote kept going back ed forth between ac adapter on and 
ac
> adapter off.

> So I waited until today to charge it up.  Maybe it was just one
> of those days when the Braillenote was wack.

> So today, I tried to charge my unit again, and now it doesn't
> even charge.  The ac adapter light is on.

> I would really hate to send this Braillenote in to Humanware
> because it has already been sent in, and I would hate it to be
> sent in again.

> My suggestion is for Humanware to put a way to lock a sd card in
> place.  I'm suggesting this because the sd card just fell out of
> the slot and I can't find it.  I had about one gig of stuff on
> there.

> What do you all think about my suggestion?

> Thanks for your help in advanced:

>  Paul

> email: [email protected] or [email protected]

> skype:

> brlcents

> ___
> Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
> If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
> copy to the list as well.

> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
> [email protected]
> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



>___
>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>copy to the list as well.

>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>[email protected]
>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote





------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:40:38 -0700
From: "Rebecca Skipper" <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] braille display on computer
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Hi, you can purchase the Keyspan USB to serial adapter, Model USA-19HS, from
amazon or other online dealers.  I can successfully connect my PK to Vista
or XP.  I also find it easier to edit documents for errors with a Braille
display attached.  I apologize to those of you who got my earlier messages.
I got some of the terminology confused.  To configure JAWS for the display,
you need to go to the options menu and the Braille display dialogue.  On the
BrailleNote side, you'll have to select the "terminal for screen reader"
option in main menu.  Yes, you will have to install the keyspan USB to
serial drivers, and you will have to use the driver's interface to determine
which com port the adapter is using.  I think things would be be much easier
if we could establish a USB to USB connection though.  Hope this helps and
clarifies any confusion I may have caused.  Thanks.

Becky 



------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:43:50 -0700
From: Frank M. Hernandez <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] reading HTML e-mails
To: Bn List <[email protected]>
Message-ID: 52f41aa1a06b820cf48d227c772e079a
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Hi Folks,
I think this has already been covered but I can't remember how to 
go about reading HTML e-mails.
Thank you for any help.
I'm using a BT keyboard.
Frank M.  Hernandez.
Tucson Arizona.




------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:50:34 +0000
From: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem
To: "[email protected] " <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"

I'm not talking about sending the unit in itself, I'm talking about getting
a new adapter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]>
Sent: June 02, 2009 13:30
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

hello,

 Well, maybe, I might have to do that, but I'de rather not.

 I've already sent this Braillenote in once.

 Paul

 email: [email protected] or [email protected]

 skype:

 brlcents

 > ----- Original Message -----
 >From: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]
 >To: "[email protected] "
 <[email protected]
 >Date sent: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:14:05 +0000
 >Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

 >Hi paul.  My thought is, you're ACCORDING adapter may have a
 short in it some where.  You may have to get another one.

 >-----Original Message-----
 >From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]
 >Sent: June 02, 2009 12:59
 >To: [email protected]; [email protected]
 >Subject: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

 >Hello all,

 > I am having a problem with the ac adapter on my Braillenote.

 > Well, last night, I was going to charge my unit, but the
 > Braillenote kept going back ed forth between ac adapter on and
 ac
 > adapter off.

 > So I waited until today to charge it up.  Maybe it was just one
 > of those days when the Braillenote was wack.

 > So today, I tried to charge my unit again, and now it doesn't
 > even charge.  The ac adapter light is on.

 > I would really hate to send this Braillenote in to Humanware
 > because it has already been sent in, and I would hate it to be
 > sent in again.

 > My suggestion is for Humanware to put a way to lock a sd card in
 > place.  I'm suggesting this because the sd card just fell out of
 > the slot and I can't find it.  I had about one gig of stuff on
 > there.

 > What do you all think about my suggestion?

 > Thanks for your help in advanced:

 >  Paul

 > email: [email protected] or [email protected]

 > skype:

 > brlcents

 > ___
 > Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
 > If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
 > copy to the list as well.

 > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
 > [email protected]
 > To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
 >http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



 >___
 >Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
 >If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
 >copy to the list as well.

 >To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
 >[email protected]
 >To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
 >http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote






------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:52:20 -0700
From: "Rebecca Skipper" <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] Re:serial to USB adapter
To: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Hey, Lois, plese tell me what you actually end up with in regards to your
adapter.  The only connection I am aware of for notetakers in general is a
USB to serial adapter (most laptops I have used don't have serial ports).
Thanks.

Becky 



------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:55:56 -0700
From: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected]>
Subject: re: [Braillenote] reading HTML e-mails
To: Frank M. Hernandez <[email protected]>,
        [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Hello, Frank:
  When you see an email with an HTML, open it, and press S.  Go 
to the drive, and folder where you want to save it.  At the 
"filename" prompt, press Backspace with X until you see ASCII 
files.  Name that file, but put a dot html extension on it.  
Then, go to the Internet.  Once there, press Backspace with O.  
When you space the first time, your first choice is to open html 
files.  Space down to your file name, and it should be the first 
one.  You will not see the dot html extension on it.  Press 
Enter.  Sometimes, you may have to give it just a few seconds to 
open up.  Generally, I go to the top of the page, just to make 
sure I'm at the beginning.

Good luck, and most of the time, this works.


> ----- Original Message -----
>From: Frank M.  Hernandez <[email protected]
>To: Bn List <[email protected]
>Date sent: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:43:50 -0700
>Subject: [Braillenote] reading HTML e-mails

>Hi Folks,
>I think this has already been covered but I can't remember how to
>go about reading HTML e-mails.
>Thank you for any help.
>I'm using a BT keyboard.
>Frank M.  Hernandez.
>Tucson Arizona.


>___
>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>copy to the list as well.

>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>[email protected]
>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote




------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:31:49 -0700
From: Kim Samco <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] Old e mail
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

OK I think I'm an idiot.  I'm sure I am missing something very 
obvious just wish I knew what it was.

After reading John's message with the music links I moved it to 
"my e mail" folder.  Now I'm ready to fool around with those 
links and I see I only have 1 message in that folder and it's not 
John's.  Then I looked in the trash folder and I'm told there are 
13 messages there but I can only find 1.

Using the help menu is always my first defense.  This time it 
tells me to use space to move through the menu and I still only 
find 1 message in the trash folder even though it tells me there 
are 13.

No doubt I will slap my forehead when you guys tell me what to 
do.  I may need those links again John so stay tuned.

Gratefully and sheepishly,

Kim



------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:57:54 -0500
From: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] Old Email
To: Braillenote List <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Hello Kim:
  My message was returned for some reason.  If this goes twice, I 
apologize.  Check your "all" folder as you go through the email 
folders.  See how many messages are in there.  Your trash says 
13, but you only see one.  If they're there, the "all" folder 
will show them.



------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:14:56 -0700
From: Jose Lomeli on BrailleNote mPOWER <[email protected]>
Subject: [Braillenote] Downloading Music on the BrailleNote
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Hello; Listers, Does anyone know where can I download music on 
the BrailleNote? A couple of months someone sent me an email 
about this but I had a lot of BrailleNote crashes and I lost all  
the emails that I had.  Can anyone help me with this? Please 
write back.
Jose Lomeli
Email:
[email protected]
Owner of the Blind_VI_Friends
To subscribe send me an email at
[email protected]
I will subscribe you.
Visit my website:
http://All4Webs.com/q/2/jlomeli9393




------------------------------

Message: 16
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:56:39 -0500
From: Mr. B. D. Rurry <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem
To: Paul Tandy <[email protected]>, [email protected],
        [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed

Paul, Riley didn't say anything about sending your BN in because 
you might have a short in the cord. If possible, try another cord 
and see if it works. If so, you know that you _do in fact 
probably have a short in it.
Mr. B. D. Rurry, Esquire, Rurrysville Tn. USA and proud of it!!
> ----- Original Message -----
>From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]
>To: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]>, 
[email protected]
>Date sent: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:24:50 -0800
>Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

>hello,

>Well, maybe, I might have to do that, but I'de rather not.

>I've already sent this Braillenote in once.

>Paul

>email: [email protected] or [email protected]

>skype:

>brlcents

>> ----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Riley Blake " <[email protected]
>>To: "[email protected] "
><[email protected]
>>Date sent: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:14:05 +0000
>>Subject: RE: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

>>Hi paul.  My thought is, you're ACCORDING adapter may have a
>short in it some where.  You may have to get another one.

>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Paul Tandy <[email protected]
>>Sent: June 02, 2009 12:59
>>To: [email protected]; [email protected]
>>Subject: [Braillenote] a suggestion and a problem

>>Hello all,

>> I am having a problem with the ac adapter on my Braillenote.

>> Well, last night, I was going to charge my unit, but the
>> Braillenote kept going back ed forth between ac adapter on and
>ac
>> adapter off.

>> So I waited until today to charge it up.  Maybe it was just one
>> of those days when the Braillenote was wack.

>> So today, I tried to charge my unit again, and now it doesn't
>> even charge.  The ac adapter light is on.

>> I would really hate to send this Braillenote in to Humanware
>> because it has already been sent in, and I would hate it to be
>> sent in again.

>> My suggestion is for Humanware to put a way to lock a sd card in
>> place.  I'm suggesting this because the sd card just fell out of
>> the slot and I can't find it.  I had about one gig of stuff on
>> there.

>> What do you all think about my suggestion?

>> Thanks for your help in advanced:

>>  Paul

>> email: [email protected] or [email protected]

>> skype:

>> brlcents

>> ___
>> Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>> If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>> copy to the list as well.

>> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>> [email protected]
>> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



>>___
>>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>>copy to the list as well.

>>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>>[email protected]
>>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



>___
>Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
>If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
>copy to the list as well.

>To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
>[email protected]
>To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
>http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote





------------------------------

___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


End of Braillenote Digest, Vol 1983, Issue 1
********************************************


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to