Hi,
Hmmm, that's odd... Could be anything - from server errors to connection
problems... At this point my expertise ends here, but I'm sure other users
who has an account with your email provider can sort this out...
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Lori Scharff [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 9:36 AM
To: 'Joseph Lee'
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi joseph, I have used it on both my Mpower and my PK and had no issues.
Take care.
Loeri


-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 11:41 PM
To: 'Lori Scharff'
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi,
Sounds fine here. Have you used this particular email account on another
device with success e.g. on your previous mPower (if you had it), a computer
or something else?
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Lori Scharff [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:29 PM
To: 'Joseph Lee'
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi Joseph,
The POP server is mail.optonline.net
Secure connection no If it is changed to yes I get a 1022 error message
instead of what I receive with it being no.
SMPT server mail.optonline.net 
Secure connection for SMPT server no.
If I change this to yes I get a 1050 error.
SMPT authentication required yes
POP port 110
SMPT port 25
Take care. Thanks for writing back to me
Lori

.
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 11:14 PM
To: 'Lori Scharff'
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi,
I'm not sure. Can you tell me (or others) your exact email settings (minus
the password and the user ID)? Specifically, your pop server, pop port and
secure connection (yes/no)
Cheers,
Joseph
-----Original Message-----
From: Lori Scharff [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:09 PM
To: 'Joseph Lee'
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi joseph, I don't have a clue about this. I can send messages-but, not
receive them.
What might I change the number to? 

Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 11:05 PM
To: 'Lori Scharff'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi,
Did you type the port number right or does your email provider use SSL
(Secure Socket Layer) encryption? If it does, then you might want to check
it.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lori Scharff
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:02 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Braillenote] email settings

Hi everyone,
I received my Apex last Wednesday and love it.
However, I am not able to get it to connect to my ISP. It appears to me that
the settings are correct. I am attempting to connect via ethernet to
optonline. But, I receive an error message saying, error 171 pop server
authentication failed.

I have also tried wireless and was not able to establish a connection.
However, with the ethernet I can get onto the internet-but, can't get to my
email.
Any recommendations?
Lori



___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.439 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2981 - Release Date: 07/04/10
18:35:00

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.439 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2981 - Release Date: 07/04/10
18:35:00

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.439 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2981 - Release Date: 07/04/10
18:35:00

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 8.5.439 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2981 - Release Date: 07/04/10
18:35:00


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to