To my knowledge, only manually removing pairing ("forgetting" the apex
on the iTouch's end) or doing a 4-5-6 reset on the apex will cause
this. Even that reset may not do anything, though. Of course, there is
always the random software glitch that will cause you to have to
re-pair, but I haven't had that happen to me yet. The only times I
have had to re-pair are when I updated from iOS 4.2 to iOS5.0, and
when I removed pairing to demonstrate the pair process in my podcast.
If you do have to re-pair, the steps are indeed the same. You may run
into a driver load failure or another error; just restart the phone
completely in that case.On 12/23/11, peter greco <[email protected]> wrote: > Alex, what can happen that may need the Apex to be re-paired with > an I-device? Turning either or both units off I assume would be > fine? What about a soft reset on the Apex? If a re-pairing is > required, are the steps exactly the same? > Best! > Peter > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Alex Hall <[email protected] > To: Chris Nusbaum <[email protected] > Date sent: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:23:29 -0500 > Subject: Re: [Braillenote] Pairing Apex with iPod Touch > > I may be biased, but I agree that the podcast should walk you > through > exactly what to do. If, after listening to it, you still have > trouble, > email the list and we will be happy to help you further. The > pairing > process is far from intuitive, but the good news is that once you > do > it once, you will very rarely have to do it again. Besides > which, the > next time you do it, it will be easier because you will know what > to > expect. > > On 12/23/11, Chris Nusbaum <[email protected]> wrote: > I would listen to Alex Hall's podcast on doing this from > braillenoteusers.info/media. Merry Christmas and I hope you > enjoy your iPod! > > Chris > > Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year! > > "The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The > real problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that > exists. If a blind person has the proper training and > opportunity, blindness can be reduced to a mere physical > nuisance." > -- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the > Blind, > 1968-1986 > > The I C.A.N. Foundation helps blind and visually impaired > youth > in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through providing > assistive technology and scholarships to camps and conventions > which help them be equal with their sighted peers. For more > information about the Foundation and to support our work, visit > us online at www.icanfoundation.info! > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Kristen Steele <[email protected] > To: [email protected] > Date sent: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:33:08 -0600 > Subject: [Braillenote] Pairing Apex with iPod Touch > > Hi All, > I received an iPod Touch 4th generation as a gift. I am trying > to pair it with an Apex, running Keysoft 9.2. > > First, I went to the Braille terminal screen from the main menu > by pressing t. I switched the terminal to bluetooth. The Apex > beeped, and Braille terminal was displayed. > > On the iPod, I set up the voice over, and it said it was paired > with the BN. The on Braille display, it did not say anything > about being connected. What should I do from this point? Is > there a certain command to access the iPod? > Thanks! > > ___ > Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. > If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a > copy to the list as well. > > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to > [email protected] > To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit > http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote > > > ___ > Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. > If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a > copy to the list as well. > > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to > [email protected] > To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit > http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote > > > > > -- > Have a great day, > Alex (msg sent from GMail website) > [email protected]; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap > > ___ > Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. > If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a > copy to the list as well. > > To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to > [email protected] > To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit > http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote > > -- Have a great day, Alex (msg sent from GMail website) [email protected]; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap ___ Replies to this message will go directly to the sender. If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a copy to the list as well. To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to [email protected] To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
