You are talking about Babka, even though I've never heard of it as an Easter
bread.
It is definitely of Eastern European origin, not sure if Polish or not.

You best bets locally would be a Jewish bakery or gourmet grocery store that
caters to Jews.
Otherwise you can find places on the internet that will ship to you. Recipes
are also on the internet. It is available in a few flavors. Chocolate and
cinnamon are probably the 2 most common ones.

Good Luck,

Steven
________________________________________________________________________

1. Easter Bread
    Posted by: "bl168" [EMAIL PROTECTED] bl168
    Date: Fri Mar 9, 2007 3:52 am ((PST))

Does anybody know of an Easter bread called Bobka(I think).  My ex mother in
law would buy this bread from a specialty deli in Philly every Easter for
us.  I could of sworn It was Polish Bread.  And it sounds like bobka.  I am
looking for recipes or a place to buy it. 




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/mvhylB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to