whole grain loaves I'd urge you
to try it. You need a grain mill
to do it and have to buy the
pre-packed mixture of grains/beans
or have access to buying a bunch
of them. I'll have to play with
the milk thing later.

aardvark

> I'm a newbie to bread-baking. I did some baking as a newlywed nearly
> 30 yrs. ago(thought it was romantic, plus had nothing else to do!),
> but have decided to take it up again. Part of the motivation is the
> 18th c. reenacting our youngest son and I do, part health, part fun :)
>
> I am curious: I've seen a recipe for Ezekiel bread that used milk
> instead of water. Has anyone tried it this way?

Results/advice? Any
> other changes, tips, etc., especially to offer a baking newbie?
>
> Thanks, and I look forward to learning much more from you kind bakers.

http://www.breadbeckers.com/recipes/ezekiel_bread.htm

Well, we got brave, took turns grinding by hand (used the grains/beans
from Bread Beckers), and used their recipe. The bread is tasty and got
good reviews from outsiders too. I'm not sure we'd live on this nor
would others have reviewed it so favorably if they had to either, but
as a change from the norm, it was successful. If you like hearty,
whole grain loaves I'd urge you to try it. You need a grain mill to do
it and have to buy the pre-packed mixture of grains/beans or have
access to buying a bunch of them. I'll have to play with the milk
thing later.

aardvark

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional