It depends on the loaf!  For example I wouldn't do a baguette in a loaf pan.
But today I am making soft white american bread in loaf pans!  So like any
other type of bead, it depends on the recipe )

I also cheat.  Since I don't own a pizza stone, I use a large corningware pan
without a lid as a replacement to still get a crunchy crust!