The first recipe I posted for this is below my sig. It listed 5  tsp of 
baking powder. Here's another one and this uses 1 tsp. I'd suggest if you  use 
the original I posted that you change it to 1 tsp baking powder or 2 at the  
most.
Carrot Pineapple Bread
3 eggs
2 cups granulated  sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1 (8 ounce) can  crushed pineapple, undrained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups  all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking  soda
1 teaspoon salt

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil; add  carrots, pineapple and 
vanilla extract. 

Combine dry ingredients; beat  into carrot mixture. Pour into two greased 8 
x 4-inch loaf pans. Bake at 325  degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until a 
wooden pick inserted near the center  comes out clean.

Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to  cool completely.

~ Shar ~
Life is  unsure, always eat your dessert first. ~Anon  

 
 
Pineapple Carrot Quick Bread - Diabetic Adaptation is below **

By:  CLAREKOE & Thanks to Marilyn for posting it on another group! 

"You  won't need to grate carrots by hand for this recipe, because the wet  
ingredients are combined in the blender."

Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9x5  inch loaf pan 

Ingredients
a.. 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple,  drained 
b.. 1 cup sliced carrots 
c.. 3/4 cup packed brown sugar  
d.. 3 eggs 
e.. 1/3 cup orange juice 
f.. 1/4 cup vegetable oil  
g.. 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 
h.. 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 
i..  1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
j.. 5 teaspoons baking powder 
k.. 1 teaspoon  salt 

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).  Grease the bottom only 
of a 9x5 inch loaf pan. 

2. In a medium bowl,  stir together the flour, rolled oats, nuts, baking 
powder and salt. Combine  the pineapple, carrots, brown sugar, eggs, orange 
juice and oil in the  blender. Blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds. 
Pour blended ingredients  into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until 
all of the dry  ingredients are absorbed. Pour the mixture into the 
prepared pan. 

3.  Bake for 75 to 80 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool for 10 minutes 
before  removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack. Cool 
completely  before slicing and serving. 

Nutritional Information 
Amount Per  Serving Calories: 327 | Total Fat: 10.1g | Cholesterol: 53mg 
Powered by ESHA  Nutrient Dat. From Sugar. 

**I've got to try this one! Here's how I'll adapt it to make it better  for 
us to eat.

*Being diabetic, I'll sub the pineapple juice for the orange juice and  add 
some orange zest to it. 
*I'll also use a sugar sub for the splenda and add a tsp of molasses as  
the sub for the brn sugar. Brn sugar is simply white sugar with molasses added 
 to it and the sugar content of molasses isn't bad and only a dab is used.  
Splenda Brn Sugar is half sugar and half splenda w a dab of molasses so I 
quit  buying it. 
*I'll also use steel cut oats and NOT quick or regular oatmeal type. The  
denser steel cut oats have more of the fiber left to the and are simply oat  
groats that are run thru rollers to flatten them. They are better for  
diabetics.
*And, I'll use unsweetened applesauce in place of the veg oil to cut the  
fats. And I'll add a tbls of oat bran (I have wheat and oat) to up the fiber  
which slows the digestive rate which is needed for diabetics. You can also  
swap the veg oil for coconut oil which is better for us and not a problem 
for  circulatory system (cholesterol).
*Last but not least, I'll sub 1 1/3 cup ww flour and use 2 cups AP flour.  
Following times I'll most likely replace more of the AP Flour with either ww 
 or flax meal. I may try adding coconut at some point too and if that works 
 fine (should) then I'll use some coconut flour in place of some of the AP  
flour and add the coconut flakes.


~ Shar ~
Life  is unsure, always eat your dessert first.  ~Anon




 
~ Shar  ~
Life is unsure, always eat your dessert first. ~Anon  

 
  
____________________________________
 From: [email protected]
To:  [email protected],  
[email protected], [email protected],  
[email protected], [email protected],  
[email protected], [email protected]
Sent:  8/24/2012 12:51:20 P.M. US Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Pineapple Carrot  Quick Bread + Diabetic Adaptation


Pineapple Carrot Quick Bread - Diabetic Adaptation is below **

By:  CLAREKOE & Thanks to Marilyn for posting it on another  group! 

"You won't need to grate carrots by hand for this recipe,  because the wet 
ingredients are combined in the blender."

Original  Recipe Yield 1 - 9x5 inch loaf pan 

Ingredients
a.. 1 (8 ounce) can  crushed pineapple, drained 
b.. 1 cup sliced carrots 
c.. 3/4 cup packed  brown sugar 
d.. 3 eggs 
e.. 1/3 cup orange juice 
f.. 1/4 cup  vegetable oil 
g.. 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 
h.. 1 1/2 cups rolled  oats 
i.. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
j.. 5 teaspoons baking powder 
k..  1 teaspoon salt 

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).  Grease the bottom only 
of a 9x5 inch loaf pan. 

2. In a medium bowl,  stir together the flour, rolled oats, nuts, baking 
powder and salt. Combine  the pineapple, carrots, brown sugar, eggs, orange 
juice and oil in the  blender. Blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds. 
Pour blended ingredients  into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until 
all of the dry  ingredients are absorbed. Pour the mixture into the 
prepared pan. 

3.  Bake for 75 to 80 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool for 10 minutes 
before  removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack. Cool 
completely  before slicing and serving. 

Nutritional Information 
Amount Per  Serving Calories: 327 | Total Fat: 10.1g | Cholesterol: 53mg 
Powered by ESHA  Nutrient Dat. From Sugar. 
 
**I've got to try this one! Here's how I'll adapt it to make it better  for 
us to eat.
 
*Being diabetic, I'll sub the pineapple juice for the orange juice and  add 
some orange zest to it. 
*I'll also use a sugar sub for the splenda and add a tsp of molasses as  
the sub for the brn sugar. Brn sugar is simply white sugar with molasses added 
 to it and the sugar content of molasses isn't bad and only a dab is used.  
Splenda Brn Sugar is half sugar and half splenda w a dab of molasses so I 
quit  buying it. 
*I'll also use steel cut oats and NOT quick or regular oatmeal type. The  
denser steel cut oats have more of the fiber left to the and are simply oat  
groats that are run thru rollers to flatten them. They are better for  
diabetics.
*And, I'll use unsweetened applesauce in place of the veg oil to cut the  
fats. And I'll add a tbls of oat bran (I have wheat and oat) to up the fiber  
which slows the digestive rate which is needed for diabetics. You can also  
swap the veg oil for coconut oil which is better for us and not a problem 
for  circulatory system (cholesterol).
*Last but not least, I'll sub 1 1/3 cup ww flour and use 2 cups AP flour.  
Following times I'll most likely replace more of the AP Flour with either ww 
 or flax meal. I may try adding coconut at some point too and if that works 
 fine (should) then I'll use some coconut flour in place of some of the AP  
flour and add the coconut flakes.
 
~ Shar  ~
Life is unsure, always eat your dessert first.  ~Anon




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to