I moved to a new house and came from city water with a softener to well
water with a softener.  I know the pressure in the new house is different
so I adjusted the OPV and brew pressure on my plumbed IV-R.  I've searched
here and the web plus the manual and can't quite get the answer I'm looking
for.

I raised the brew pressure to 11 on the stock gauge with a blank
portafilter and then adjusted the OPV so that it would just begin to drip
at 11.  I dropped the brew pressure back down to 9.  Now, when I brew
coffee, the gauge reads 9 until pre-infusion is done and the pressure goes
up to 10.  It basically reads 9 until coffee starts to flow.  Should I be
reducing the brew pressure so that it reads 8 on the gauge so that it is at
9 during the actual brewing?

Thanks!