That sounds like a serious scale problem. Have you got an inline water
softener? If not, may be a good idea at looking to get one.

Would suspect you may be in need of a big descaling session, I usually use
citric acid but suspect you may be looking for something more aggressive.

JohnB

On 21 Apr 2014 19:33, "Benjamin McCafferty" <bmacpi...@me.com> wrote:

> Hey guys and dolls,
>
> The screen on the water wand has long since clogged with scale; even a
week-long soak in descaler makes no difference.

> This morning I went to do my usual once-a-month dump of the steam boiler
via the water wand (I dump a few times to reduce TDS since I never use the
water wand) and nothing came out.  And I mean nothing--not a bit of steam
or otherwise.

> Is it possible that the valve for the wand has clogged?  I presume only
replacing the valve will fix this?