At Stardate 20030619.1250, Jim D wrote:

>As I've said before, I think it's a good idea to analyse a book. However,
>perhaps we should look beyond David Brin.

Adding my 2 cents.

I would pick _The Practice Effect_ first. Although I really like _Glory Season_, I think starting with a shorter book would be best.

Personally, I really don't mind which Brin book we tackle first, but I must point out that this specific book was already analysed in-depth on That Other List, so those among us who contributed to that discussion might get a bit bored, or at least be a bit less interested in discussing this particular book again. I'd like to hear their opinion on this.

Anyhow, your vote for _The Practice Effect_ has been noted.

Jeroen van Baardwijk