> 1) The US population believes that our system works becouse of the 3
> branches. We would not want to have any one or two of these branches
without
> the others. The ICC is one branch without the others. This concerns us
> greatly, we do not feel (and I speek for myself and a few others, but I
> believe my words to be true for the majority) that having a Judicial
without
> the other two is a good thing. It would have more power than it should and
> would not be balance. Therefore the ICC is scarry to us and looks like the
> first step on a slipery slope twards an orwelian future we do not want.

It occurs to me, would the laws of an international criminal court really
change that often?  There is a very wide variety of activities and a very
wide variety of potential crimes in the United States, and all of it is
changing at a rapid pace.  But when we are talking about war crimes that
lead to the mass slaughter of hundreds or thousands of people, is the
situation not somewhat more clear-cut?  The need for a legislative and
executive branch might thus be somewhat less pressing.

-J

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!