"J. van Baardwijk" wrote:

> At 09:36 26-09-2002 -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:
>
> > > Thanks, found it. Aaaaah. Much better. Did you look in behind the radiator?
> > > Tom's favourite place to "hide" things....
> >
> >Radiator?  I haven't lived in a place with a radiator since I was 8
> >years old.  I have a friend who doesn't ever remember even *seeing* a
> >radiator in her life.
>
> So, out of curiosity, how do you heat the various rooms in your house?
> Floor heating? Wall heating?
>
> Campfires?   :-)

Forced air.

We have a couple of heaters, and when the temperature at the thermostat
drops low enough, the heater for that floor kicks in, and we get warm
air blown through ceiling vents into the rooms.  (We have a separate
HVAC system for each floor; we had problems at the old house where it
was all on one system that the downstairs was almost always colder than
the upstairs, so Dan, in an effort to keep his office liveable, would
practically freeze me out of mine at times.)

Every place in Texas that I've lived in has had forced air heating and
cooling.

The house we moved into when I was 8 had electric baseboard heaters, and
each room had its own thermostat.

The house my mom is living in now has radiators, IIRC.  (It's been about
3 years since I visited her there, and I only visited her there once.)

        Julia