> From: Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > All of it complete and total crap.  Some people will believe the
weirdest
> > shit.  Notice the thread of religion in each of these sites?
>
> So?  The results of a highly biased sample are meaningless.

Who is more likely to believe that kind of garbage, a rational, logical
person, or a person who believes in things like genesis, revelation,
astrology, magic, god, etc.?  Almost all conspiracy theories fall into
two classes: 1. UFO's, aliens, abductions; 2. religion, NWO,
united-religions, Illuminati-freemasonry.  Religion is the primary
foundation of the conspiracy theory, it's all about secret cabals,
esoteric plans / rituals / knowledge, secret satanic plans to rule the
world and destroy Christianity, etc.  Most people who are holocaust
deniers are supremely religious.  The official position of most Islamic
regimes is that the holocaust didn't happen, that 'The Protocols of the
Learned Elders of Zion' is factual, that Israel controls the US/UN etc.
and that the Israeli mossad is the 'real' perpetrator of the 911 attacks,
etc. ad nauseum.  Furthermore, these conspiracies are very big in the
Islamic world, a Lot of Muslims believe them (and fabricate them, too I
think).  I don't think the demographic for conspiracy theory belief in
the west is all that different.  People who haven't learned how to tell
bullshit, from non-bullshit, and extreme religious belief tend to be same
(or why would most of the conspiracy theories be specifically about
religion).  Of what use is a religious conspiracy to a rationalist or an
atheist?