Ticia wrote:

> Julia Thompson wrote:
> >
> > I agree with the note of caution and the need for clinical studies,
> > especially in the wake of the nonoxynol-9 findings.
>
> What findings?

The belief was that condoms with N-9 would offer protection from HIV.
It turns out that N-9 doesn't destroy the HIV virus, and it breaks down
cell walls, leading to *increased* HIV transmission, if anything.

But if you're looking for something that's just going to prevent
conception and not prevent anything else, N-9 might not be so bad.
You're just running the risk of irritating the vagina.  (And as someone
who has vaginal sex on a regular basis, I'd want to know what clinical
findings on lemon juice were before I considered that for myself,
personally.)

        Julia