--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
> If you do not know of it, you should check out a New
> Zealand comic strip,
> Footrot Flats, and the cat named Horse. It is a
> fitting name.

<G>
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to see if I can
find any of the books.  Here's a 'bio' (toonio?) on
the cat named Horse:
http://www.oneil.com.au/footrot/ch_horse.shtml

He reminds me of an old tom I knew as a kid; Simon was
so tough that German Shepherds crossed the street to
avoid him.  He would leap on the local boys (as junior
high boys will do, they teased cats - but Simon taught
them their folly!) from the house eaves "out of
nowhere" and send them running.

(Naturally he liked me <smugness>, but then I was
_very_ respectful - he was a formidable fighter!)

Tooth And Claw Maru