In a message dated 10/27/2002 4:39:28 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 William Taylor wrote:
 > Genitilia on a robot? That's a Gortian naughty.

 There are times this list makes my head hurt a whole lot.  :)

 Jim

And the thing is, this same joke might not play that well at a SF con. Gort
will most likely be understood. But the reference to the Gordian Knot might
be lost to most teenagers now days.

I'm still wondering about Jijo's big moon, Loocen. Will there be giant snakes
there that try to kill everyone? I see the name and I keep thinking Laokoon
Group, the Greek statue.

Maybe Dr. Brin named it so just because the Synthian is going to be able to
sell off all of its technology. And the three most important things in retail
are loocention, loocention, loocention.

My head hurts a lot too.

William Taylor