At 03:23 PM 10/27/02, Julia Thompson wrote:

Yeah, just like the time some doofus from the cable company threw his
stuff into the backyard and went over the fence while his buddy came to
knock on the door; I was *supposed* to put the dogs out and leave about
2 minutes after they had shown up, but couldn't, and they didn't replace
things properly, so it was *unsafe* to put the dogs out, and it was so
late in the day that when I called to complain and demand that they send
someone out *immediately* to fix the problem, they told me they
couldn't.  So it ruined the whole afternoon and evening.  Yeah,
utilities and their rights over the property of those using them can
suck.

Sounds like the problem would have been solved had they arrived 3 minutes later (or you had been three minutes earlier in doing what you planned) . . . or at least the "doofus" would never have tried that again once he got back to work after he got the stitches out . . .

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle