----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 4:14 PM
Subject: Sillier and sillier Re: Question for everyone

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 10/29/2002 2:44:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > << L8 post on the minutia of the
> >  > philosophy of science. <grin>
> >
> >  Ooh! I want to read this.  I hereby bandy the reliability of data and
the
> >  certainty of observation!! >>
> >
> > L8? How can one read a post that's late and hasn't arrived yet?

By using time reversal, of course. Actually, backwards signals in time are
required in one of the more prominant realistic interpretations of QM.

> Heh heh heh.
>
> L8 in this case means significantly longer than L3, which is the tag for
> longish messages.  (There's a thread which includes "L3er" in the
> subject line, meaning "longer than L3.)
>
> But I very much like your question.  :)
>
> > If one is going to bandy the reliability of data and the
> > certainty of observation, then there will be a certainty of
> > decreased observation based upon the reliability of the
> > brandy being served during the observation.
>
> Brandy?  Where?
>
> Oh, never mind, I prefer port, anyway.

Then the recent weather we've been having would have offered you many
excuses: any port in a storm.  That 8" in 3 hours was a good rain.

> Duck?  DUCK?  Are you sure you're not a witch?  ;)

Ducks liked it too.