"J.D. Giorgis" wrote:

> Dallas (+3) at Detroit - This is a really lousy team,
> but for anyone who doesn't think that QB's are
> important, just loook at what "Heisman Joey" has done
> for these guys.  Pick: LIONS and to cover

Guess they didn't quite cover, eh?

That was a *weird* game.  In the first half, there were no points
scored, and I think something like 14 punts.  At one point, they put up
one of those "Coming Up Next" things, with "Coming Up Next:  A Punt".  A
little while later, we were treated to "Coming Up Next:  More Punts".
When a punt had to be kicked over sometime later, I think in the second
half (yes, more punts, but the game didn't really come close to the
record 31 in one game, set way back when), I was *hoping* for, but
didn't get "Coming Up Next:  Punt II:  The Sequel".

Both offenses stunk in the first half.  Both defeneses did reasonably
well.  If I had to describe the game in one word, it would either be
"ridiculous" or "ugly".  (Speaking of ugly, I think that's the ugliest
*pair* of quarterbacks I've ever seen.  But that really has nothing to
do with the game itself.)

        Julia