----- Original Message -----
From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Brin-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 9:49 AM
Subject: heading towards a singularity

 http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.11/view.html?pg=4

I started reading this and felt that I had read it before.
I read a bit further, skimming, and knew I had read it recently.

Oh Hell!!!!  Its that article by Brad Delong.

Been posted recently on the Culture list, where Bradford can be seen with a
bit more frequency than here.
That's because the BRIN-L list has flame wars, while the Culture list has parodies of Charlie Stross's work that involve wombats, and also has discussions of the effect of different planetary/lunary environments on the transformations of werecreatures. Not to mention sentences like, "They were making plaintive sounds of the type penguins tend to make when they are forced to participate in an art exhibit against their will."

Brad DeLong