From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

De : Robert Seeberger [mailto:rceeberger@;houston.rr.com]
> How you figger?
> Most website make money hosting ads based on how many visitors they have.
> I dont think the advertisers have any idea how many people use ad blocking
> software and the websites certainly wouldnt give up that info if indeed
they
> even know themselves at all.

Advertising space is somewhat based on viewership, which indeed cannot be
counted, but mostly, its about number of hits.  For example, Google's prices

are based on the popularity of the words to which the add is associated as
well as the number of follow throughs, or the number of people who actually
click on the link to the advertiser's page.

If you don't see the ad, you can't be interested which means that you don't
try to find out more by clicking on the ad and the host doesn't get that
revenue.

Jean-Louis