At 09:17 AM 11/14/02, Julia Thompson wrote:
Sonja van Baardwijk-Holten wrote:

> Ronn Blankenship wrote:
>
> > At 06:27 AM 10/30/02, Erik Reuter wrote:
> >
> > >Have I been dinging too much?  :-)
> >
> > I dunno.  Have you been leaning on a doorbell button?
> >

> "We don't have a 'ding, dong' we have a 'trrrring'".

Lucky you.

We have a "ding, dong" but the button gets stuck after the "ding" so we
have a nasty buzzing sound in the system until someone (usually me) can
go out and unstick the button, at which point we get a "dong".

This is the second doorbell we've had that problem with.  We replaced
the one at the old house because it was failing, and the new one had
this problem.  And now the one we have here has that problem, as well.
(At least this one is part of a house still under warranty; Dan's going
to send a long list of mindor problems to the builder before the end of
the month.)

Is that like giving him a piece of his mind?

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle