> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: John D. Giorgis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Verzonden: donderdag 21 november 2002 14:04
> Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Onderwerp: RE: NASA

[JDG claims that it is highly unlikely that by posting entire articles from
_The Economist_ here, he may very well have deprived the owners and
publisher of _The Economist_, as well as the owner of the newsstand, of
income.]

> >Why is it highly unlikely?
>
> Because it happens infrequently.

How do you know that? (This is not a rhetorical question.)

[On the extreme-case that the newsstand owner's wife will die because her
family will now not be able to pay for her life-saving operation:]

> >So, you are absolutely sure that something like that could not happen?
>
> Yes.

How can you be absolutely sure that something like that could not happen?
(This is also not a rhetorical question.)

> >Given your history on this list, you are not exactly in a position to
> >complain about someone else violating Netiquette. Actually, I do not
> >even think that, given your history, you should have an e-mail address
> >that has "iaamoac" in it.
>
> Neglecting of course the fact that you have always opposed the
> Netherlands never support the Netherlands supporting its friends (ie the
> US) in a time of need.

Which is of course (1) not correct and (2) totally irrelevant.

DING! for JDG for personal attack.

> Neglecting also of course that you also have been violating community
> standards of decency with regularity for at least the past few weeks.

Which is also irrelevant, because (1) I am not responsible for your
behaviour and (2) someone else's behaviour does not make it OK for you to
misbehave.

DING! for JDG for personal attack.

> >Please show us the data that supports your claim that companies are
> >denied revenue because of ad-blocking software.
>
> I think that you are intelligent enough to figure it out for yourself,
> especially if ad-blocking software becomes widely adopted.

And as usual, JDG tries to take the easy way out...   :-(

Maybe I can figure it out myself, but it is *you* who makes the claim, so it
is *you* who should provide the data. But unless you actually provide that
data (which is highly unlikely), the only conclusion can be that you do not
have that data and are therefore making statements that are not based on
facts (which is not all that unlikely).

Jeroen "Shape up or ship out" van Baardwijk