William Taylor wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>William Taylor wrote:
>>>Just wear a blue feather so that the color will clash with my red >>>one.
>>
>>So does that mean I have to wear yellow?  Why does Robert get to
>>be the Queen?
>>
>>Oh, wait, never mind, answered my own question.  :-)
>
>A blue feather in a cap signifies Gay in the SCA. You'd have to
>find a website for the history of it. Someone said he'd then wear
>red for "Flaming Heterosexual" and that stuck. Yellow I don't know.

Someone write this down.  It appears that William "Obscure (Albeit On Topic) Uplift
References Are My Life's Blood" Taylor just missed someone else's.  I think
on-topicness coming from another listee may have thrown him.  :-)

William, I'm afraid as penance, you will be forced to write "I will reread _The Uplift
War_" 100 times on the blackboard.  ^-^

Jim