> From: Russell Chapman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The Fool wrote:
>
> >http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/10/1039379819086.html
> >
> >Gutnick wins right to have Web libel case heard in Vic
> >Canberra
> >December 10 2002
> >
> Why is having a defamation case heard in the jurisdiction of the
> distribution and consumption of the material, where it coincides with
> the alledged victim's domicile striking down free speech?

This is by far one of the single biggest attacks on freedom of speech
that has ever been carried out.  Any American who exercises their first
amendment rights is now subject to Australian law.  This sets Australian
law higher than even the U.S. constitution, and makes all Americans
slaves to the censorship laws the predominate in Australia.

Anything I say online may now be prosecuted in Australia under Australian
law.  I doubt it will be much longer before all countries have declared
their laws sovereign over the U.S. constitution.  How long will it be
before Saudi Arabia tries to prosecute me for saying 'Mohammed was a
pedophile who was inspired with his lips around Satans penis'?