Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>speak ;D ), but if multiplying two negative numbers is
>_supposed_ to make a positive, the square root of a
>negative number 'should not be' possible.

That's why they're called imaginary numbers!  Imaginary or
not, though, they're quite useful...

It's funny, because in all my math classes through Calculus II
or Calc III in college, I thought that imaginary/complex
numbers were the most rediculous, worthless things I'd ever
seen, an abstract concept with no real-world use or value.  And
whenever I had to deal with them, I loudly proclaimed that.

Then I started my sophomore year Circuit Analysis courses,
and suddenly I discovered that complex numbers were *incredibly*
useful and real-world applicable once you get involved with AC
circuitry, amongst many other things.  Heh - as a friend of mine
used to say, "my crystal ball apparently is a bit cloudy".

Burion Deri