At 02:48 PM 12/16/02 -0500, Jon Gabriel wrote:
At 19:26 15-12-2002 -0600, Robert Seeberger wrote:

A Gambian man unused to Germany's winter weather woke up to find his car had
turned completely white overnight and called police to complain vandals had
painted it.
And he didn't notice that everything else in the street was also "painted white by vandals"?

Jeroen "Tunnel vision" van Baardwijk
Perhaps it was just a dusting of snow that didn't stick to the ground, but only to the car? Metal can be colder than tar/cement. If he was in a large city, there might not have been trees or grass about. And if he were on a quiet street no other cars might have been immediately visible from his window.

And/or the fact that it was _his_car (which he would have to pay to fix, or at least go through all the time and hassle to get the insurance company to pay for), rather than just a random car (which would not have been his problem), may have altered his perspective.

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle