>Now I'm rereading Glory Season.

I think I'll do the same, once I've finished my current Marcus Didius Falco
mystery.

My recollection of the book makes me suspect that the "science fiction"
part of the story (as opposed to structural and literary sources you talk
about) was rooted in an attempted solution to the quandary raised in books
like DEMONIC MALES: APES AND THE ORIGINS OF HUMAN VIOLENCE by Richard
Wrangham & Dale Peterson.  IE: How could civilization survive, given
primate nature, especially male primate nature?

Glory Season's solution: Change human nature.
---
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *