In a message dated 1/17/2003 12:18:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I read the article, and I didn't see anything about Kurds.
>
> Can you elaborate?  Thanks!

I have a colleague who is turkish. He explained that the problem is two fold. The
kurdisn territory stretches over northern iraq (maybe iran as well and into northern
turkey.
The turks want to keep this territory and a unified semi-indepenedent Kurdish enclave
in northern iraq might try to take part of turkey with it into a new country. There
also many Kurds living in southern turkey and if seperatist movement gained force it
could disrupt the entire country.