At 05:03 PM 1/24/03 -0800, Deborah Harrell wrote:
I am sorry that I was unaware of the prior debate; I
wasn't a member then.  Had I known this particular
text was a sore point, I would not have brought it up;
I happened to read a snippet in my science digest re:
the committee, and did a minigoogle which turned up
the article I posted.

If someone cares to offlist me with any other
'flamers,' I will deal with them - if at all - more
circumspectly.

Some of today's posts in this thread are not in the
spirit of IAAMOAC, re: personal attacks.  :(

I haven't seen _any_ personal attacks or flames so far, just messages like this one which seem to refer to some great flame war. Perhaps those messages are still hung up in cyberspace as part of whatever the recent server problems led to? What was the subject line of the "hot" messages?

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle