http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/1/25/03638

A former U.N. weapons inspector charged Friday that in the late 1990s French
members of the UNSCOM inspection team actually tried to help Iraq conceal
evidence of its weapons of mass destruction program.

"They gave them forewarning of the inspection targets," charged Bill
Tierney, a former top U.N. weapons inspector, in an interview with radio
host Sean Hannity.

"Once a list of sites were designated to be inspected, the security of that
list was paramount," Tierney explained. "And from the Iraqi point of view,
their intelligence collection program was very easy. All they had to do was
find out what that list was."

Then Tierney charged point blank, "The French would give the list to the
Iraqis."

"Anytime the Iraqis would declare something a sensitive site, then only a
four-man team would be allowed to go in." Tierney said he was normally the
American on the designated group, which would also include a French
representative.

"I caught [the French representative] whispering to the Iraqis after the
list had been briefed to us," Tierney added. He cited another top secret
inspection of an Iraqi Scud missile site that had been compromised by French
leaks.

There is additional information that I can't go into," the former UNSCOM
inspector said, before adding, "It's about time we called the French on it."

Tierney also complained that former U.N. weapons inspector Scott Ritter knew
about French attempts to sabotage their work, but has never spoken out about
it.

xponent
Frenchy Maru
rob