Julia Thompson wrote:

Doug Pensinger wrote:

Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

At 06:04 AM 1/27/03 -0500, Kevin Tarr wrote:

The after game interviews, [...] was cringe worthy.

One word for ABC:

"Heidi."

Not Even The First View Of Jennifer Garner Was Worth The Waste Of Time
Maru

John Madden is still head and shoulders above anyone else in the booth, IMO.

He's pretty good at color commentary.  For play-by-play, I really like Al
Michaels.  Maybe it's that I really like Al Michaels' *voice*.  But he is
better on the play-by-play than some other announcers.  Darryl Johnston
hasn't been doing too bad a job on commentary from what I've seen.  I
imagine that when he's been doing it as long as Madden has, he'll be one of
the greats.  (If he's at it that long.)

Folks I really *don't* like having in the booth include Boomer Esiason (sp?)
and Cris Collinsworth.

Joe Thiesman irritates the hell out of me. So does Dan Dierdorf. Madden may have slipped a little, but in his day he could analyze a play in real time and pick out stuff to comment on that had me wondering how the hell did he see that - then they'd show the play in slow motion and sure enough he'd called it. He's also got a great sense of humor. He does a radio show - just a few minutes long - every day on a local station and it's quite often either very insightful or very funny.

Doug

GSV On the Bus