On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 11:43 pm, Russell Chapman wrote:

The Fool wrote:

Kentucky General Assembly Measure seeks pro-commandments constitutional amendment
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- A resolution for Congress to propose a constitutional
amendment to allow posting of the Ten Commandments in public buildings
was approved by a Senate committee today.
I'm curious about this - I can't see any reason why the public at large should fund these displays, or why public buildings should be a forum for them. But I can't see why if these people feel so strongly about displaying them, why don't they just take out billboard style advertising like everyone else trying to get their message out.

Anything they did in a public building would have to be constrained, subtle and innocuous even if they did put them up, but with outdoor displays done on a commercial basis, they can show whatever they please in whatever manner they please...

Why try and drag government into it...

Because religion is evil, and evil will stop at nothing. -- William T Goodall Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing
weirds language.  Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech
nothing because I no verbs.