At 03:41 PM 3/5/03 +0000, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

JJ wrote:

>That's odd indeed.  I remember when I started teaching (late 80's) when
>BASIC was the standard. It may have been a regional thing, though.
>Then, I got a notice from the College Board annouuncing the big switch to
>PASCAL.

On a tangential note, I recently noticed that everybody in my work subteam
is qualified with a "C language course" - all but me. When I checked this,
I remember that I didn't get this because **I** was the instructor of this
course - and the company system didn't register this :-)

Yup. I've taken a total of exactly one computer course in my lifeš, so these days no one wants me to teach any more computer courses˛ because I don't have the right paperwork to show that I myself have been taught about computers, never mind the numerous times I've taught programming in various languages, not to mention the software and hardware manuals I've written and the other things I've done in that field over the years . . .

_____
šIBM 360 assembly language.
˛The last CS course I taught was one on the basics of operating system design back in 1988.

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)