At 04:18 PM 3/6/03 -0600, Reggie Bautista wrote:
Bryon wrote:
I also thought The Cat Who Walked Through Walls.and The Number of
the Beast were both rather lousy, myself.  I enjoyed Time Enough for Love,
but he sure has some odd notions about sex in there (ie: the time travel
incest thing).

I haven't read _Time Enough for Love_, but there is a short story by Heinlein in which the main character ends up being his own father, mother, and child, and recruits himself to work at his current job. It's a very strange little story.

"By His Bootstraps."

In TEfL, the main character clones himself as twin females with whom he goes on to have relations before using a time machine to go back in time and seduce his mother while he was a little boy. In _To Sail Beyond the Sunset_, we learn that his problem was apparently hereditary, as his mother had similar yearnings toward her father.

The decision as to which family is stranger is left up to the reader.

Time For The Stars, Anyone? Maru

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)