On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:57:41 -0500, Jon Gabriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: "S.V. van Baardwijk-Holten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: .... and now for something completely different
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:41:55 +0100

Since I'm a bit tired of arguing the war, Iraq, Iran, the Middle East, bombs, politicians, speeches, the UN, the US and all the rest, here is something entirely different.

Aye, and thank ye kindly for it. :)

You're welcome

Hurray for me.

And you should be proud!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Have Jeroen cook dinner!
*grin*

Somehow I don't feel that that is an option. He is still learning.

Now since that made me feel soooooo good, I went and did some much needed gardening. Actually it was surprisingly easy going, except for again <groan> digging up lots of glass and bricks and stuff.

How large a space are you clearing? I did a 30 foot x 6 foot (approx. 10 meters x 2 meters) strip along the back of my backyard a few years ago. It took days to prepare by hand, rake and shovel and I'd never seen so many stones in my life. :) But... it was perfect for growing tomatoes, carrots, onions, chives, mint, etc.

Wel it was just a little under a meter wide by some 16 meters. But I could have nearly built a house with the stuff I dug up. Especially the pieces of glass are so very nasty. You cannot really use your hands to dig into the soil to clear something. Even the stones (and I really do mean half and whole bricks) need to be dug up all the way before you can touch them safely. So all needs to be done by raking and shovelling. Not very comfortable. But I managed with a minimum of cuts.

Tell me'bout the carrots. Do I stand a chance? I put them in a shady place in verfy fine well drained soil. The seeds were placed on a long strip of paper, that you have to put in the ground. Apperently you don't need to thin the plants if you use this stuff instead of loose seeds.

Sonja