--- "Miller, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Published on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 by the
> Guardian/UK
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/
> US Finds Evidence of WMD At Last - Buried in a Field
> Near Maryland

> The good news for the Pentagon yesterday was that
> its investigators had finally unearthed evidence of
> weapons of mass destruction, including 100 vials of
> anthrax and other dangerous bacteria.
> The bad news was th
> at the stash was found, not in Iraq, but fewer than
> 50 miles from Washington, near Fort Detrick in the
> Maryland countryside.

Well, we do have documentation of *providing* various
pathogenic bacteria to Iraq, as well as CDC training
for at least one Iraqi scientist, back in the 80's...

> The anthrax was a non-virulent strain, and the
> discoveries are apparently remnants of an abandoned
> germ warfare program. They merited only a local news
> item in the Washington Post.
> But suspicious finds in Iraq have made front-page
> news (before later being cleared), given the failure
> of US military inspection teams to find evidence of
> the weapons that were the justification for the
> March invasion.
>
> Even more embarrassing for the Pentagon, there was
> no documentation about the various biological agents
> disposed of at the US bio-defense center at Fort
> Detrick. Iraq's failure to come up with paperwork
> proving the destruction of its biological arsenal
> was portrayed by the US as evidence of deception in
> the run-up to the war.
<snipped rest>

Nor was there adequate documentation at the Rocky
Mountain Weapons Arsenal, where sarin-type bomlets
were found, nor at Lowery AFB here.

And what will the gov't make of the reams of data they
want to collect for Total - excuse me, *Terrorist*
-Information Awareness?

Listen To Your Underlings - They Might Have Valuable
Information Maru   >:P