> >With the gold card, called "preferred" service or something
> like that,
>
> AAA+, at least in Missouri.

I have the AAA + membership and they will tow up to 100 miles for free,
and I have 5 "incidents" that could include towing, locksmith, out of
gas, etc.

Last year, I broke a key off in the lock of my car door, and when I
called them, I just happened to be beside a Longhorn Steakhouse, Bar &
Grill. The woman kept telling me that they don't have to give me service
if I have been drinking. I tried over and over to explain to her that I
had NOT been in there, that I was just beside the restaurant (a family
restaurant at that!), and she finally sent a tow truck driver with a
slimjim (lock opening device) to open my car. He was given explicit
instructions that if I told him I was in the Longhorn, that he was
supposed to leave me there. Ironically, the tow truck driver showed up
with an open beer in his hand.

We have a friend that works at the AAA call center here in Columbus, and
she said it is their written policy to minimize service in any way
possible. I really hate dealing with them.

Gary