At 07:26 AM 6/23/03 +0100, Andrew Crystall wrote:
So my landlady wants her work PC fixed, and I want to leave some
stuff in her basement this summer and pick it up in late september.

So I spent the best part of a day and a half fixing little faults,
and the thing is STILL crashing, it gets file corruption on a
reinstalled windows within half a dozen boots.

And when I take out the graphics card (a SiS POS) to see if putting a
better card would help...it just stops working. Oh, and that's when I
discovered the cracked chip on the motherboard.

Naaargh. And it wouldn't boot after that. Ah well, at least my old
P166 laptop which has been gathering dust since I picked up my
Fujitsu Stylistic 1200 is getting used now..

I'm happy that things worked out for both of you, but I'm not clear as to how it illustrates "irony" . . .

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her